Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Progress Report 37

Greetings, fans of unfinished speculative fiction everywhere!  I know you are all chomping at the bit to read Normal Heroes, if, for some reason, you are wearing a bit that is.  What you do in the privacy of your own home is none of my business.  I have another two chapters slapped on to the old manuscript.  It is like a living, breathing monster, now.  I woke up from a dream about two characters that aren't even in the story.  I think the fact that I am dreaming in the universe of my novel is a good sign.  I wonder if other writers do that.  I should read their blogs.  If I were younger and hipper and more machine savvy, I would have inserted some cute little smiley face made of punctuation marks back there.  You will just have to imagine what that would have looked like.  My punctuation marks are reserved for misuse in prose.

The latest chapter has a fake alien bartender, young octogenarians, a golf cart escape, and more international roller derby fun.  Also a malfunctioning robot.  If anyone thinks I am not having fun, well, they are wrong.  Insert Mos Eisley Cantina song here.

new grand total word count - 117,832

Gee, Martha, that there sure is a whole heap of words, boy howdy.  Keep in mind that I come from a culture where most people won't read a whole book, much less write one.  The local bestseller is a photocopied guide on how to cook meth, published by the US government back in the eighties.  Insert Imperial March (Darth Vader's theme) here.  Let's just pretend I didn't say that last part.

No comments:

Post a Comment