Saturday, September 24, 2011

Progress Report 34

I have been slacking off on my progress reports.  Forgive me, I have been somewhat ill.  Since my last report I have written two more chapters.  I am also happy to announce that I finally learned how to put in page breaks.  Now my manuscript looks a lot more like an actual manuscript and a grocery list of my own madness.  The latest chapter has futuristic super cacti, a fishing trip, North America's oldest apartment complex and talking animals.  Do these little teasers make you want to read my novel?  Of course they do!

Act 2 is nearing completion.  That leaves us with just one more act to get through.  Then some editing and polishing.  Then some paperwork.  Then I will send out some free copies that hopefully someone will review.  Then more paperwork.  Then I publish, yay!  Then I can get paid, hopefully.  Or not.  I will keep writing either way.

I am better at writing fiction than I am at writing blog entries.  Really.  Watch.

Harold was a confused boy.  His mother told him to put down the dog and come to dinner.  He shot the dog in the face with his dad's .45 and said, "Okay, Mom, what's for supper?"

See?  A whole short story with a plot twist and everything.  I could do that all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment