Monday, September 5, 2011

Progress Report 3

Chapter 9 is drafted! It weighed in at a whopping 3978 words, the largest chapter so far.  I wasted two hours staring at Twitter.  It is fascinatingly useless.  Yet another constrained medium that will, no doubt, cause further compression and ambiguation of the precious written word.  I fear this trend of limiting our communication to a small number of characters will combine with the baroque pyramid structure of some of my sentences and transmute language itself into some sort of quantum incantation that will begin to taint the pop-culture addled collective unconscious of humanity and cause us all a great, unified, if mild, toothache of the soul.  And I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee.

This brings the total word count of my draft up to just shy of 23,000 words, and I have barely scraped the surface of my plot outlines.  Might be a whopper of a novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment