Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Progress Report 28

I just finished chapter 36 of Normal Heroes.  It takes place in Utah, one of the more beautiful places on Earth.  It concerns police contractors, duck ponds, boom-town culture, streamlined justice, and mule-skinning.  A western!  Well, it has trains, mules, um, ducks, and a preacher.  Not John Wayne, but a western nonetheless.

I can see the halfway point of novel on the horizon.

chapter 36 word count - 2242

new grand total - 88,762

Hopefully, I get a chance to squeeze some more thoughts on the future of roller derby into this novel.  I did a little a few days ago, with some characters watching a match between North Korea's team and Iceland's.  I like to think that in the mid-twenty-first century, roller derby will be the most popular sport on earth.  I mean just do the math.  Read Nostradamus, I am pretty sure it is in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment