Friday, October 7, 2011

Progress Report 42

I just finished chapter 61.  That's a pretty big chunk without a blog entry.  I had a net snafu yesterday.  No net all day.  Got some quality writing done without all the distractions.  I even drew a new avatar and played some video games.  It was like a mini-vacation.  Here's what I drew:


pic.twitter.com/JL5iKvzt

I like my writing more than I like my drawing, but it is fun to doodle occasionally.

So the novel is creeping ever closer to being fully drafted.  I've done some preliminary editing on the entire text as well, just aiming at the most simple grammatical, spelling and formatting errors.  When I finish the draft I will go back over the whole thing, line by line, and punch it up a bit.  Then it is time to publish.  I spent some time today researching all the hoops I need to jump through in order to sell on Amazon and B & N.  I will probably also sell on Smashwords.  I would rather eliminate all of the corporate fat cats with their monocles and top hats, but they have an ability to distribute that I could never compete with as an indie.  I should not bitch, though.  At least there is a viable alternative for indie writers now.  I hope my book makes the ebook mafia lots and lots of bread, that way I have some crumbs to eat.

The word count is finally over 150k!  I keep trying to imagine what it would look like in the used paperback pile, even though it will never be in one.  I fondly fantasize that it will be a thick enough book to stop a small caliber bullet.  I bet my ereader wouldn't.

I hope you are all enjoying my silly blog here, and looking forward to the release of Normal Heroes (now with an author that knows the difference between "it's" and "its!").

No comments:

Post a Comment