Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Progress Report 41

I just finished chapter 57.  Lots of action packing.  I feel sorry for my heroes, I have been torturing them for your entertainment.  We are such monsters, the way we treat our beloved fictional characters.  Maybe I should start HETFC, Hermits for the Ethical Treatment of Fictional Characters.  Send five dollars now.

I don't want to spoiler the story so this is a short report.  Be sure to drop me a mail if you want to get a free advance copy of my ebook.  All I ask is that you do not redistribute it and that you write a rave review, possibly comparing me to a minor deity.  Put "Advance Copy" in the subject field and send me a mail at amcarpwriter -at- gmail -dot- com.  I will electronicly transmit an electronic copy to your electronic mail box as soon as it is ready.  I have about fifteen chapters left to draft and some minor tweaking here and there.  I could have a reviewer copy ready in a few weeks, depending of course upon a thousand variables, such as the price of coffee and how much gunk collects under my space bar.

Want the stats?  Yay!

new grand total word count - 140,747

I did an experiment with setting it up in manuscript submission form.  It came to 793 pages.  That's 12 point courier new, double spaced, one inch margins.  Lots of wasted e-paper.  Good thing I am an indie, postage alone would kill my grocery budget, let alone the cost of paper and ink.  Sorry, all you publishing agents, printers, distributors, brick and mortar bookstores, marketing experts, and legal professionals.  You get no money from my talent (or lack thereof), just me and few evil e-commerce megaliths of doom.  All hail the megaliths of doom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment